Resetting 0.96 to a non-sucking color scheme

General Topics about DSView software
Now really, can we have a color scheme back that doesn't suck so much?
Is it even possible to change the background color from hipster gray to something usable?
There would be so many things that urgently need improvement like the trigger options or the super slow decoders, but you decide to mess up the color scheme instead?
Letting aside that the GUI got worse in about every other possible aspect as well. Who would think it makes sense to have the file menu on the very right? Yeah, screw windows GUI defaults. And while we're at it to make the GUI unusable, let's just drop that context menu nonsense. One mouse button must suffice. Are you serious?
0xdeadbeef

The most important improvements of v0.96 is the following three features, not the color scheme.
protocol decoder speed up
protocol decoder list viewer
spectrum analysis(FFT) for osc mode

The NEWS file recorded all of the modifications.
https://github.com/DreamSourceLab/DSVie ... aster/NEWS
and we also write a post introducing the decoder speedup improvement.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=410

You should take more time to learn what changed before write down your opinion.

Additionally, please don't force your subjective opinions upon all of others.
The dark background will relieve pressure of user's eyes when work for a long time, and it's also the common setting for most of measuring instruments.
We welcome criticism, as long as it arises from goodwill. But you should also learn how to respect other people's work.
Andy
Site Admin

There was no list of changes as I posted and I couldn't check the decoder speed as I don't have my HW with me at the moment. And the demo mode is completely pointless unfortunately.
It's nice to hear though that the decoder speed was improved. Sounds as if the former (crappy) design of looking at samples instead of transitions was finally dropped as I suggested six months ago.
Still, the GUI changes are terrible. Forcing people to use one messed up color scheme is a major annoyance. This color scheme is completely unusable for screen shots, reports etc. And that is simply a fact.
If there was any kind of option to change this messed up color scheme, I wouldn't complain about it. But there isn't, so this is a major flaw.
0xdeadbeef

Hello,

I hope my new dsview-function can help ....

http://dreamsourcelab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=418

jo
jolinux

Return to General Discussion